A Community of Hospitality
You may be concerned about the safety of your loved one when you leave for work each day. You may worry that he or she is spending too much time alone with no stimulation. If so, Maria Regina can help.
Our Adult Day Health Program provides a holistic approach to meeting the needs of people living in the community but who are in need of medical and social services. In this safe and secure environment the men and women who participate benefit from an interdisciplinary approach.
The quality of life of each person is primary
- Persons receive assistance with the activities of daily living including eating, bathing and grooming. A continental breakfast is provided upon arrival and a main meal is enjoyed at lunchtime.
- The nursing staff provides medical supervision including blood pressure monitoring, blood glucose monitoring, and medication management and wound care. Specialty services include audiology, podiatry, dental, nutritional consultation and education, and pain management. Physical, occupational and speech therapy are provided as needed.
- Therapeutic recreation activities and wellness programs are a part of every day and include yoga, Arthritis Foundation exercise program, tai chi, belly dance exercise, music therapy, art therapy and much more.
- Integral to the program is the corps of ambulette drivers who pick up the participants at home each morning and drive them home in the afternoon. The day care program runs from 9 AM to 3 PM Monday through Friday.
- The Social Worker provides supportive care to families and registrants and leads a bimonthly caregiver support group for those who have a loved one diagnosed with dementia/Alzheimer’s disease.
Choose Maria Regina for excellent Adult Day Health Services! Contact Lucy Johnson for more information or to arrange a tour. 631-299-3045.