A Community of Hope
Choosing a long term care residence for a parent or a loved one can be a challenging and often overwhelming experience. At Maria Regina we understand what you hope to find - a skilled nursing facility you can trust, one that will understand your loved one’s special needs and where they will be treated with dignity and respect, as well as professional skill. Maria Regina provides the compassionate and skilled care you hope for.
When you choose Maria Regina you become part of a community – a community of hope that invites and motivates our residents to be their best selves and to live life as fully as possible. At Maria Regina we care for the whole person, the body, mind and spirit in an atmosphere of respect, hospitality and friendship. Family members and friends join us as welcome partners in care, providing the love and connection that is critical to a person’s sense of confidence and hope in the future.
Life at Maria Regina
When you arrive at Maria Regina you immediately feel the difference! Peace and tranquility pervade the 212 acres of our park like campus. As you enter the building a warm and welcoming environment awaits you!
Unique to Maria Regina is that every resident has a private room with phone service and cable TV. Residents are encouraged to decorate with the personal touches that will make it his/her own. Access to porches, a solarium, and a beautifully landscaped garden courtyard offers both a sense of freedom and security. Our vibrant therapeutic recreation program provides stimulation and opportunities for our residents to continue to explore new activities and interests. Our art and poetry groups highlight and celebrate new discovered talents. A beautiful chapel where Mass is celebrated daily graces the front entrance and our pastoral care team is available for spiritual support. Residents are welcomed to our main resident dining room which is designed for easy access and friendly conversation.
Skilled and Professional Care at Maria Regina
In choosing a long term care facility, we know you want the best for your loved one. Maria Regina has been rated as a “five star” facility by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid and consistently receives high scores for quality and resident/family satisfaction. At Maria Regina, residents are cared for by a number of skilled professionals.
- A primary physician is assigned to each resident upon his/her arrival at Maria Regina.
- Doctors in the following specialties are on-site on a regular basis: podiatry care, dental care, eye care, audiology, pulmonology, dermatology, orthopedic care, psychiatric care, psychological services, pain management, and acupuncture. IV, Lab, X-Ray, EKG and Doppler services are also available on-site.
- Our Medical Director is on-site 20 hours a week providing direction, oversight, and consultation.
- Our professional nurses and nursing assistants get to know our residents and provide assistance and encouragement with all activities of daily living
- Maria Regina has its own pharmacy so that medication orders can be filled promptly
- Palliative Care and Hospice Services are available as needed.
- Whether the goal is to maintain or improve function, residents will be evaluated for physical, occupational and speech therapies.
- We understand that “food is more than good nutrition” .Our nutritional services department provides menu choices that are pleasing and tasty for the residents. Families are welcome to join residents for meals and can arrange to share a meal with their loved one.
- Maria Regina staff work to support both residents and their families during this very special time of life. Our social workers develop strong relationships with residents, offering a listening presence and helping them adjust to their new environment.
- Resident and Family Councils provide a space for suggestions and questions, helping our new members feel part of our community.
- Approximately 100 volunteers grace the halls of Maria Regina on a weekly basis. These volunteers provide a variety of services including transporting residents to therapy, to the beauty salon, to the chapel and the dining room. They also serve as Eucharistic Ministers, work in the gift shop, and visit one-on-one with residents, and much, much more.
Choose Maria Regina for excellent long term care! Contact Nancy Colombo for more information. 631-299-3174.